We covered the safety aspects of never driving with a pitted or cracked windshield in a previous blog posting, but let’s go a step further. Is it possible to repair a windshield instead of replacing the glass?
Thankfully, a windshield is repairable provided it meets the right requirements.
- The chip or small crack is under 3 inches
- There is only one or two chips at the most
- The chip is away from the driver’s line of sight
- The chip in not on an edge of the windshield
- The chip is fresh and hasn’t spread or weakened other areas
The key is to catch the chip and perform the repair as soon as possible! Many chips can be filled and the windshield restored to full structural integrity by addressing the problem in a timely manner.
Affiliated Auto Glass makes this process simple for you through our Free Mobile Service! We also have six locations for your convenience. Save a lot of money by making small windshield chips a priority as soon as they occur.